History on debut. Lankan spinner Prabath Jayasuriya’s spin magic saved Sri Lanka against Australia and Pakistan at home.
In 2018, almost four years after his ODI debut, Prabath made a unique feat by making his Test debut and made it to the ICC’s July ‘Player of the Month’ shortlist.
The new Lankan spin sensation also won the best award.
His rivals in Massera’s race were England’s Jonny Bairstow and France’s batting sensation Gustave McKeon.
Lankan spinner Prabath Jayasuriya, who made his Test debut against Australia last month, is already in the news.
- After taking 6 wickets in two innings in the debut Test against Ajid, he took 5 wickets in the first innings of the first Test against Pakistan.
- And through this, he became the first left-arm spinner in the history of 145 years of Test to take at least five wickets in each of the first three innings of his career.
- Prabath is feeling the thrill of such an achievement.
- “I am very happy since this announcement,” he told the ICC. I want to thank my fans for voting for me.
- Of course the month was incredible for me.
- Especially on debut as well as contributing to the series draw against Australia and Pakistan.
- Meanwhile, France opener Gustave McKeon, running for Massera, made noise a few days ago by setting the record for the youngest centurion in T20 Internationals.
- He made the record by scoring a century at the age of 18 years and 280 days.