There is no way to tell that the day was a weekend Sunday.
Long line in front of the shop since morning. Standing for hours and sweating, yet everyone refuses to budge from the line.
Of course, this is not a line of ration shops or butcher shops.
This was the line at the liquor store. On waking up on Sunday, the liquor lovers appeared at the nearby liquor store.
He bought the desired liquor in line for hours.
Some took the whole box again. Fear in everyone’s mind, if there is no more alcohol from tomorrow!
- Arvind Kejriwal’s ruling Delhi state government has gone the other way since the probe into the liquor policy began.
- It was ordered overnight that from August 1, the old liquor sales policy will come into effect again.
- Private liquor shops which were given licenses will be closed.
- Since this announcement by the government, the sale of liquor has increased at a huge rate in Delhi for the past few days.
- But on Sunday, the crowd was noticeable.
- Just like the several kilometer long queues that were seen after the lockdown was lifted, the same picture was witnessed in many parts of Delhi yesterday.
- Lt Governor VK Saxena questioned Delhi’s new liquor policy.
- He also ordered the Excise Department to investigate the whole matter.