Becoming a mother is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world for any woman, which begins with pregnancy. Staying healthy and fit is important during this time. Eating a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet is the basis for having a healthy baby.
The first three months of pregnancy are considered the most important, as a small mistake can lead to a miscarriage. According to a report in Times of India, pregnant women should be very careful during the first three months, because the rate of miscarriage is highest during this period.
- As strange as it may sound, it is true that there are certain foods that can actually cause a miscarriage. Health experts advise pregnant women to avoid certain foods, especially during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Sprouted potatoes: Sprouted potatoes are very dangerous for pregnant women. It contains various toxins that affect the health of mother and baby. Moreover, the green part of the sprouted potato contains selenium, which inhibits the growth of the fetus in the unborn child. Can even cause miscarriage.
- Sajne: Sajne is known as a very nutritious vegetable. But it can also cause miscarriage in early stages of pregnancy. This vegetable contains alpha sitosterol, which can cause miscarriage.
Liver: Although animal liver is rich in nutrients, it can contain toxins if it is taken from a sick or diseased animal. which can cause miscarriage. Liver contains extra vitamin A and cholesterol. So eating animal liver in excess can cause miscarriage.
Pineapple: Pineapple is dangerous during first trimester pregnancy. Because eating pineapple can cause severe uterine contractions. It can also result in miscarriage. Pineapple contains bromelain. It is an enzyme, which breaks down proteins. As a result, the uterus becomes soft and premature delivery can occur.
- Grapes: Whether or not to eat grapes during pregnancy is a controversial issue. Many experts say that grapes are completely safe during pregnancy and other experts say that it is better to avoid this fruit during this time. If grapes are your favorite, feel free to eat them in moderation. But don’t eat grapes on an empty stomach or at all if you have acid reflux.
- Raw or semi-boiled eggs: Pregnant women should never consume raw or semi-boiled eggs. Pregnant women are likely to be affected by the bacteria Salmonella in raw eggs, which can cause food poisoning and various stomach ailments, typhoid, paratyphoid etc. After boiling, the yolk and white of the egg should be seen to be hard.
- Unpasteurized milk: Doctors advise pregnant women to consume pasteurized milk. Eating raw or unpasteurized milk can cause poisoning just like eggs. May result in miscarriage.
- Aloe Vera: Pregnant women should not consume any foods containing Aloe Vera. Especially in the first three months, not at all. It can cause miscarriage through abnormal bleeding inside the uterus.
Papaya: Although rich in nutrients and vitamins, this fruit is not suitable for pregnant women. Because papaya increases body temperature. This fruit is rich in latex. Which can cause uterine contractions, bleeding and miscarriage. It can also impair fetal development. So it is better to avoid eating raw or ripe papaya during pregnancy.
Tamarind: Tamarind is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. But taking too much vitamin C in the first month of pregnancy can reduce progesterone production, which can lead to miscarriage.