In the past few days, the country’s cricket field was very turbulent on the issue of Shakib Al Hasan’s contract with Betwinner News.
Bangladesh’s Asia Cup team announcement was also stalled on this one issue.
However, that tension has now subsided as Shakib pulled out of the deal under pressure from BCB.
After returning home last Friday (August 12) at midnight, the Tiger all-rounder also removed the contract related post from his Facebook page.
And so there was no obstacle to announce the Asia Cup team.
- If everything goes well, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) may announce the squad for the Asia Cup by Saturday (August 13) afternoon.
- However, more than the announcement of the team, everyone’s attention is on who is the captain.
- Mirpur Home of Cricket or BCB President’s residence in Gulshan have been jammed by journalists at both places since Saturday (August 13) morning.
- Because the team may be announced today.
- It is also known that Shakib will sit in a meeting with the board president before announcing the team.
- And only then the final announcement can come.
- From what we can see, Shakib Al Hasan, who has signed a contract with the betting company, is going to lead the team in the upcoming Asia Cup.
- He can also lead the T20 World Cup. Although Shakib was the first choice in the captaincy list for so long.