At least 13 people have been killed and dozens more injured in a bus bombing in Syria

Terrorists had targeted a civil bus on a highway connecting the northern part of Syria’s cities of Raqqa and Homs. As report, at least 11 soldiers and 2 civilians were killed. More than three other armies were injured in the incident.

The attack took place around 8:30 am on Monday (June 20). The Defense Ministry of Syria confirmed the information in a statement of press.

The Defense Ministry of Syria said in a statement that a civilian bus was attacked on the Raqqa-Holmes highway in the Al-Jira area around 8:30 a.m. today (Monday). 13 people were killed and 3 were injured in this incident.

However, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) described the bus as a army vehicle. The military says members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) had attacked a army vehicle in the Jabal al-Bashari area of ​​the Al-Raqqa desert.

Total death could rise as several people were seriously injured in the incident as per SOHR.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. However, it is believed that ISIL has attacked. This is because the armed group had earlier taken control of the area by force. Ever since the group’s defeat in a war, they have been carrying out shameless attacks there.

The city of Raqqa is the capital of a self-proclaimed caliphate of army groups, and Syrian govrnment regularly blame the group for such attacks.

Conflict of last 11 years in Syria have divided the country in many parts. Most of the territory is controlled by government troops and allied fighters. However, ISIL is active in the eastern, northern and central parts of this country.

There have been many such attacks in Syria before. The most horrific incident was held in December 2020. About 26 people was killed in a terrorist attack on a bus on the main highway in Syria.

Related posts

Leave a Comment