Sri Lanka has announced to reduce the price of LP gas due to the reduction in the price of fuel in the international market.
Earlier, the country reduced the price of fuel oil. The new price of LP gas will be effective from Monday (August 8) midnight.
Muditha Peiris, chairman of Litro, the country’s largest gas company, confirmed this information. News Colombo Page.
Litro controls 85 percent of Sri Lanka’s gas market. They announced a reduction in LP gas prices in economically distressed Sri Lanka.
According to the gas price data released by the country’s finance ministry and consumer affairs authority,
- the price of a 12.5 kg cylinder may drop by more than Rs 200. Earlier, on July 11, the price of the cylinder had increased to Rs. 4,900.
- The chairman of Litro said that the company has enough gas reserves. As a result, people do not have to stand in long queues for fuel.
- Besides, enough gas has been ordered till October.
- Muditha Peiris said that the positive aspect is that the benefit of reducing gas prices in the world market will be given to the people.
- If the gas vessel is unable to unload due to bad weather or other natural causes, a delay of one or two days may occur.
- He also said that all steps have been taken to supply gas uninterruptedly without any shortage or line.
- He also said that gas has been ordered as per requirement.
- Meanwhile, Sri Lanka reduced bus fares after announcing a reduction in diesel prices by Rs 10 per litre.
- The country has reduced the new bus fare by 11.14 percent from Thursday (04 August) night.