Skip to content
Home » All Indian cricketers do not want to be a burden in the team
The eighth edition of the T20 World Cup will be held in Australia at the end of 2022. A few months later, the 13th edition of the One Day Cricket World Cup will be held in India.
After two World Cups, there will be several major changes in the Indian team.
Some cricketers who have reached the peak of their cricketing career may withdraw themselves from some of the limited over formats.
Coach Rahul Dravid has already started preparing the team for that time.
The last time this happened in Indian cricket was in 2012 and 2013.
- Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Seobag, Gautam Gambhir,
- Zaheer Khan are gradually withdrawing from the Indian teams in various formats.
- Yuvraj Singh played a bit longer than them but his presence in the team was not a huge influence.
- From 2023, 2024, such a change will start again in the Indian team.
- Young Indian cricketers are already starting to see glimpses of him.
- Indian cricket’s biggest star cricketer of this generation, Virat Kohli, is no longer a regular in the team.
- He is being rested occasionally. No one can claim that Rohit Sharma, who recently became captain in his place,
- has left Tana regularly associated with the Indian team. Shikhar Dhawan though is only associated with the ODI format now.
- But he himself may not be sure about his future after the 2023 ODI World Cup.
- He said, “As long as I am in the team, I will be an asset to the team.
The moment I feel like a burden on the team, I will leave myself.” Isn’t the hint clear?
Many cricket lovers are now wondering what will happen to Indian cricket if these experienced cricketers leave.
But everyone knows that such an event will happen one day and the preparation of the Indian team has already started.
Meanwhile, Yashpreet Bumrah, Lokesh Rahul, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant have all been given big responsibilities and each has got a chance to captain the Indian team.
Along with them, cricketers like Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Ravi Bishnai,
Arshdeep Singh are performing and proving that they are ready to lead the Indian team if given an opportunity.
Preparations have begun. We will have to wait for another two-three years to know the results of that preparation.